Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Can Now Reveal....

I was one of the

Embellished Idol Wildcards....


This was my layout from Week 5- scrap a "non-person" LO - sooooo there must be no people in the LO. This could be a LO on your dog, your fave coffee cup, a tree you love - that sort of thing. You must have a frame somewhere on the LO, as well as a title and some journalling.
My inspiration for this LO was my fav Q Tea Kit to date.... Moulin Rouge (July Kit). The minute I saw the sneak peek I knew it would suit my pics from the night we went to the Moulin Rouge- I particularly loved the flocked wall paper and strechy mesh etc.

I love this layout, it is now one of my all time favs (alongside one of my idol entries from last year). I love that Idol challenges me to do some of my best work.... I was lucky enough to get through to the next round with the ooh la la layout- quite an accomplishment I think considering no-one knew who they were voting for.

The challenge for Week 6 was to create your own embellishments (no store bought ones are to be used on the page and you must include plastic, metal and fabric. Page must contain at least 3 different handmade embellishments!) Here was my layout:

I used a metal pull tab from soft drink can, made my own 'hambly style' overlay using clip art and an overhead transperancy + attached a plastic 'love' cocktail swizzle stick (also from the QTea Moulin Rouge Kit). I ripped lengths of fabric to make ribbon. The journalling reads (on the 7 Gypsies Admit One Card). Lizzie's Pub Golf Hen's Nights. Second last 'hole' of the ight included yummy cocktails. There is a lot more texture and dimesnion IRL, it didn't photograph well.

I was eliminated after this round which was probably good with the wedding looming very very close. But I would like to say thanks to Ali and the team at Embellished for the awesome opportunity and I look forward to next year!!!

2 comments:

AngC said...

Hi Kelly!

Love your wildcard layout - just gorgeous!! Good luck with the wedding - I know it will all go perfectly. I expect to see a lot of photos!

phatassphairy said...

great idea with the martini's ....love that whole concept of your ideas ....great work