Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Update

So where have I been for so long????

Work, Work, Work
Following Easter (which fell so early this year) I ran Holiday Action (Wyndham's Teenage Holiday Program) for 35 to 50 young people each day. This backed up onto National Youth Week which I also coordinated. This involved organising and facilitating 14 events over 7 days.

Attended Crop For Kids
Love this event (went last year as well). I'm passionate about the Royal Children's Hospital as my brother has Cystic Fibrosis and had a lot to do with the Children's over the years (including a few admissions, regular check ups etc). I love that I can combine my passion for scrapping with making donations to this great charity. I shopped up a storm at the trash and treasure (scored some great bargains), won a For Keeps subscription in the lucky envelopes (woohoo) and shopped with thre retailers. Spent the day making an album for Mum's 50th (haven't got a photo for you- must take one lol)

Wrist Troubles
Silly me tripped over the internet cord (we have dial up) and slammed my wrist into the wall. This caused extreme pain and for a while we thought it might be broken. Ended up being a soft tissue injury which took about 3 weeks to heal (i.e. not hurt or cause discomfort). So I couldn't do much for a loooooong time (thats how it felt anyway) and was one of the main things that stopped me applying for the Embellished Design Team (so sad)

Birthdays
It's the birthday time of year for us, with some particularly big ones. Bec (one of my bridesmanids) turned 27 (boy are we getting old lol), Mum turned the big 50, my little sister turned 21 (oh how old she is getting) and Dean's dad had a birthday as well. My little brother also has a birthday in a weeks time, then in just under a month it's both Dean and my birthdays (we're 3 days apart)

Planning The Wedding
It's all progressing well. We have booked the venue, a glorious Victorian mansion Butleigh Wootton in Kew. Check out http://www.butleighwootton.com.au/ if you want to have a look (it has an online 3D tour). The selling point was the fabulous marquee out the back to hold our ceremony in. Having an August wedding this is all important as rain is a real possibility. So the ceremony will be at 5.30pm and it will be candlelit (how romantic). This will be immediately followed by cocktails and canapes and then a yummy 3 course meal and dancing. I can't wait.

We picked the first celebrant we interviewed. We both wanted a female celebrant and someone a bit younger (both agreed we didn't want one of those older, matronly celebrants). Monique was just wonderful. Young, friendly and she immediatly put us both at ease. I really enjoyed meeting with her and it all felt wonderfully real and exciting!!!!! I took that as a good sign and we booked her straight away.

I have the all important dress. I fell in love with a dress that on the website of one of the dress shops in Melbourne. I then proceeded to go to a few other shops to try on dresses before going to that shop, trying the dress on and fell even more in love with it. It will arrive in July (so more of an update then with fittings etc).

During the crazy National Youth Week time I took the bridesmaids dress shopping (I had done some prelimary scouting and also asked a place to bring in a sample dress I liked out of a catalogue). We visted a few places and the girls ended up choosing the dress that I had ordered in. This is the style and the colour is Periwinkle Blue (a gorgeous dusky blue)



We have been searching for a photographer. Have interviewed a few and gotten details from another couple, but haven't found the one yet!!!

So obviously scrapping has had to take a bit of a back step for the last 3 months. But i'm back on board. I attended the annual Embellished Scrap Retreat in Rockhampton over the weekend. I'll upload some piccys of the 2 mini books, 1 layout and technique class we did. I love love loved every part of the retreat and especially the classes. I love being back on board and i'm having a great big boost of mojo!!!!

I'll do a post on the retreat soon!!!!

I can't show you the stuff I designed as I subbed it (and I can't show until I hear anything). But as soon as I can I will also upload it.

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you soon.

1 comment:

AngC said...

Glad to see you got home ok Kelly - was FANTASTIC to catch up with you again! I love the venue you both have picked for the wedding - it's just gorgeous!!