Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weddings, Birthdays.... Etc

So what have I been up to????

Wedding Stuff!!!!

(man that can take over your life if you let it), but the short and simple list of accomplishments in the planning process for the month of may were:

- Found a photographer (finally!!!!!!!!!!!)... Her name is Megan Aldridge and you can check out here stuff here-: http://www.ma-photo.com/
- Designed the Wedding Invitation with my brother (will post a piccy soon)
- Booked the transportation- Vintage Jaguars (MK5 for those who know what that means lol)
- Started getting ideas and then quotes for flowers
- ordered and got my dress hoop from e-bay (now just to dye it blue !!!!)

Birthday Stuff!!!!

Dean and I both had birthdays (on the 20th for him and 23rd for me). We went out to dinner for Yum Cha (how good is yum cha) and both had good days. But I think having a birthday (getting older) and also all the wedding planning has screwed with my head. I've been a bit anxious and introspective- feeling this need to plan the next couple of years of my life.

So anyway in the spirit of dealing with this anxiety in a positive way I've decided to do something thats been on the internet for a while

101 things to do in 1001 days

(you can check out all the info about this here--> http://triplux.stilljournal.com/dayzero/

The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

So anyway I've started my list and plan to add/clarify it over the next week or so. I'll post the list when it's completed.

My end date is Sunday, February 27, 2011... seems so far away!!!!!!!!

I'm sure there is a good scrapbook layout in all of this lol (I can't wait until I have more time again for things like scrapping)

Thanks for stopping by... I promise to stop by and post more often!!!

1 comment:

AngC said...

Wow Kelly, things are really starting to come along for the wedding now - how exciting!

Don't worry too much about making plans - whenever I do it something happens and my plan goes completely out the window! Was planning on being in Rocky for 2 years - has now been 3, and at the beginning of the year was going to get fitter and lose weight - now I'm pregnant and my stomach just keeps getting bigger and bigger! LOL